Accidently took 4 pills of nexium 40 mg. Should I be worried for liver damage?

General Surgeon
Hi, please help soon.
I am on 40 mg Nexium (1 pill) per day. But was told I could take 2 pills per day if symptoms were bad.
Today I accidentally lost track and now realize I took 3 Nexiums within 12 hours...and possibly 4!
I am worried about liver damage so I took an N-acetyl cysteine to maybe help remove toxins.
Did I cause liver damage by taking 3 or possibly 4 Nexiums in a 24 hour period?
Please advise soon as to what I should do if this is a poison alert. Thanks.
Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 11 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

No, you did not caused any harm to your liver. You need to know that such dosage is sometimes used in the hospital when there is a bleeding from peptic ulcers. So you should not worry about your liver. N-acetylcysteine is used for acethaminophen (paracetamol) intoxication.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Accidently took 4 pills of nexium 40 mg. Should I be worried for liver damage? 37 minutes later
Ok. Thank you for your help.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 minute later
You are welcome.