Abdominal pain, itching. Clean blood test. History of breast cancer. Are hives related to cancer?

Are hives related to cancer?
I went through breast cancer in 2009. I had my blood tests done a couple of months ago, and they came clean..However the last 3 weeks I have been feeling slight abdominal pain (around the spleen area) and the last 3 days, I get itching followed by hives that last 10 minutes or so...The temperature has been very hot I am not sure if this is the cause..Can blood results change so fast?
Thank you
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 54 minutes later

I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I would be answering your question.

I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion.

1. Which breast was affected and what treatment was given?

2. What were the blood tests done couple of months ago?

3. Is the abdominal pain continuous or intermittent? Any worsening or relieving factor? Does it affect your sleep? On any painkillers? Are your bowel movements normal?

Please get back to me with the answers to the above questions and I would give my opinion regarding your symptoms.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini