Abdominal pain after eating, have indigestion

After dinner tonight, I began to have a sharp throbbing pain in my left to middle abdomin it appears to be at one spot and throbs. I have felt pain at that spot before but it would go away after a while. Now the pain never stops and gets more severe from time to time. I was able to sleep for a while but woke up and the pain still continues. I have also been having recently a high level of indigestion.
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 39 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

In view of symptoms there are two common issues which can present like this.

First are more likely is colitis and other is ureteric stone. If there are associated bowel or urinary complains, then it would be easy to pin point one of the cause.Since this has started after dinner, with recent indigestion and previous history of intestinal bleed I think its more likely to be intestine related.

If its colitis, then its likely that your doctor would like to put you on course of antibiotics.

I would suggest a primary clinical evaluation in your case.So please consider seeing your doctor.

Hope that answers your question.