8 weeks pregnant, had severe bleeding, tightness in womb. Any recommendations?

My wife had bleeding last night and she is 8 weeks pregnant. She had a lot of bleeding earlier last night and then one more time (not as bad) during the night. She was feeling a tighness in her womb, but it went away after a little while. Right now she is resting and is not feeling pain. What would you recommend we do? We have no insurance and we are not US citizens so we need to find out the best way to address this problem.
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 minutes later
Hello Rahim,
Im afraid that your wife needs to have an urgent ultrasound. This early in pregnancy bleeding is a bad sign and needs to be addressed immediately. Miscarriage is a real issue at this point. The only way it can be determined,whether the pregnancy is safe, is by an ultrasound. I suggest you take her to emergency and get that ultrasound done.
Follow-up: 8 weeks pregnant, had severe bleeding, tightness in womb. Any recommendations? 2 hours later
I don't know what other info you need, but the main question we have, what we should do.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later
You need to take her to the hospital first and get and ultrasound. Dont do any work,bending,lifting,sex. You need that ultrasound to rule out miscarriage.