8 weeks pregnant. Getting clear mucus discharge. Is there any problem?

May 2013
8 weeks pregnant and just had a gush if clear mucusy discharge. Gush as in soaked my underwear.
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 46 minutes later

During pregnancy usually the vaginal discharge increases which is called physiological leukorrhea.
The condition you mentioned as 'blood around the baby' could be subchorionic hematoma.
In case of subchorionic hematoma there is 1 to 3% of increased risk of miscarriage.
But usually the woman will present with spotting, pain abdomen etc.
As you are not having bleeding or pain abdomen there is less possibility for miscarriage.
The one thing to be excluded is leakage of amniotic fluid, which can occur due to rupture of membranes.
Usually this will be clear watery discharge.
So you once consult gynecologist and undergo speculum examination to find out the leaking liquor, if she suggests you can go for ultrasound.
By this primary workup the actual cause of the discharge can be made out.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.