8 months baby having fever. Is it safe to give calpol drops?

My daughter is 8 months old(7.5 to 8 kg weight) and she is having fever. let me know can we give calpol drops(or any other pls specify). if yes suggest the quantity.
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 21 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. Yes, calpol can be given for fever.

The normal dose of calpol is 15mg/kg/dose.It can be given up to 3-4 times in a day.

You can give it accordingly. Please give her good amount of liquids and continue with mother milk.

Please be watchful. If she refuses feeds, does not pass urine in good quantity and have vomiting, please consult your doctor at the earliest.

Again, if fever does not respond please consult your doctor.

Wishing her good health.