8 month 25 day pregnant. Feeling cold and had vomiting. What cure should be done?

May 2013
Hi Doctor,
My wife is carrying currently under 8th month 25th day. Since yesterday she's feeling very cold and she had nomal vomtings for 4 times.
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 45 minutes later

The possible causes for your wife’s symptoms are,

-hypothyroidism: as thyroid hormones help in regulation of the body temperature, hypothyroidism with deficient thyroid hormonal level can make the pregnant woman to feel cold, though she is taking thyroid supplements as pregnancy advances the need also increases,

-vomitings will affect the nutritional intake leading to,
Decreased intake of food especially fats can result in decreased tolerance to cold,
Poor intake or absorption of iron due to vomitings can also lead to feeling of cold as iron takes part in temperature regulation of body.

So you better once consult your doctor and enquire regarding the need for increasing the dose of thyroid hormones and take anti-emetics with her advice which will possibly decrease vomitings and help in increasing nutrients supply.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.