7 years old started frequent vomiting. Could it be food poisoning?

General Surgeon
my daughter is vomiting since 6 hours, she is 7 years. I think it may be food poison.
Posted Tue, 25 Dec 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

You need to know that with vomiting she is loosing a lot of water and ions. This is a very XXXXXXX for children and may be life threatening. That is why you should not wait anymore and go to ER. She might need medical attention, antibiotics, drips and ions supplementation.
This can be also something worst than just a food poisoning like stomach problem, pancreas disease or even bowels obstruction.
Please do not wait anymore and take her to the hospital.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.