7 weeks pregnant. Advised ovunal SC 5000. How helpful is this?

Hi, i am 7 weeks pregnet, my gyne advised me OVUNAL SC 5000. per week for 4 months.
Will you pls let me know how is this be helpfull?
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 51 minutes later
You are 7 weeks pregnant now.
Ovunal is a Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. HCG is a natural protein hormone which develops in the placenta of a pregnant woman.

HCG injection can help women with fertility problems. In order to increase the chances of becoming pregnant, HCG injection is given along with other fertility drugs.

If the woman is already pregnant, it maintains the corpus luteum producing Progesterone when conception occurs. This reduces the chances of an early pregnancy loss and bleeding during first trimester. It supports the placental function.

You can take the injections as prescribed to you by your gynecologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.