66 year old. Have no hair on arms, legs and torso. What could be causing this?

I'm a 66 yr old female and have no hair on my arms, legs and torso. That's doesn't seem normal. What could be the cause?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Tanusree Biswas 2 hours later
Thanks for sharing your query.

Age related changes are common in body hair. With changes in body hair after puberty to a gradual diminishing hair throughout the body after menopause, the course and distribution of hair is determined by hormonal level and the genetic factors in most people.

Most older adults experience a gradual loss of body hair with in increasing age.
It has been observed that the hair loss occurs in the trunk first ,then in the pubic region or axillary region.

Therefore, this is a normal age related change in both males and females. It is due to the hormonal changes in the body. Hence nothing to be concerned about.

I will be happy to answer all your follow up queries.
Wish you good health,