6 year child having white line on nose and face gets red in hot temperature. Should I be worried?

my 6yr old has a white line on her nose that popped up a month ago, she has no injury and I thought it was poorly placed sunscreen. now without the XXXXXXX it is still there. when she gets hot, her face gets red everywhere except below the white line and around her upper lip. should I be worried?
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
The white line and spot on your child's face can be due to pityriasis XXXXXXX , tinea versicolor or vitiligo. Pityriasis XXXXXXX is a condition where your child will have small patches with very fine scales. They can be on the face and elsewhere like neck, upper trunk, and upper arms of children. Tinea versicolor is a fungal infection and looks similar to pityriasis XXXXXXX However, this is a fungal infection and needs to be treated differently. Vitiligo is an autoimmune condition which causes plain white patches anywhere on the body. This is usually treated with local steroids. These are usually treatable conditions and there is nothing you need to worry about. However, in order to pinpoint the exact cause, I would need to see a closeup picture of the spots. Also, I'd like to know if you've noticed them elsewhere.
Awaiting your reply