6 month old child. Ondansetron injection dosage?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
ondem injection dose for 6 month child
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Ondansetron injected as self medication in a six month old child is XXXXXXX In case of vomiting due to gastrointestinal disorders, the drug of choice in children is domperidone. Ondansetron is advised for vomiting due to central causes like after chemotherapy.
The dose in children is calculated based on the body weight of the child and not age. I advise you to consult a pediatrician for proper treatment.
Do not self medicate your child. It could be XXXXXXX Do try to maintain adequate hydration meanwhile.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.