57 years old, having pain during sex, bacteria in vagina. Is it due to infection?

Question
25 years ago I was to get married. Sex became painful. when I went for my paps, everything checked out fine. Soon I didn't like sex or him....no sex the last 15 years of marriage. I had affair. no pain. I got divorced was with my fiance for over 3 years...great sex...no pain.
No I'm alone...no sex hardly EVER...and I had sex with someone...extreme pain in the vagina area...had to quit. Went to a dr. tested for STDs...she thought she saw some bacteria. She swabbed on my right side...I told her there was slight pain there. So I tookd meds for bacterial infection! The other day I used a dildo type thing, and extreme pain on the right side of my vagina...about half way up. I plan on having sex SOME day...and I want to be able to enjoy it! I always thought the pain when I was with ex husband was cuz I didn't like him...or maybe the way he 'did' it...cuz no pain since....until now! I got on the internet, and was surprised how many people said the had pain on the RIGHT side about half way up....stabbing... or like a rubbed off raw spot.

I'm talking to someone now...and it would be nice to have a sexual relationship. I got with the ex-fiance a few weeks ago...after not being with him for 15 months...and after a while there was pain, but I gritted my teeth cuz I wanted it so bad! lol...I am 57! Drs. never see anything wrong. Then there is a slight dull ache that I can feel up to a couple days later...on the right side. Could there still be an infection?
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 43 minutes later
Hi XXXXX,
Thanks for consulting us.
I have read your detailed story & I was unable to find any clue that points towards an ongoing infection. However the surest way to rule this out is by doing "swab tests". You can ask your Gynecologist for help!
Hope all turns out to be just fine.
Wish you good health & a happy life.
Best regards.