50 days child on breast milk. Having diarrhoea. Stool analysis done. Looking for suggestion

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
My baby girl is 50days. feed by breastmilk.She has diarrhea started from one week after her bron. This few weeks she has poop around 10 times/day, and fart a lot with little stool, but no fever. She growing well her weight increas from 3600g to 5600g. We started to do stool analysis test from 12days ago. There are some white blood cell in her stool, ontill today the white blood cell in her stool has decreased from 30 WBCs to 6WBCs.
She had treatment:1/ medicine bifid triple viable powder(4days)2/add 40ml-100ml Milk everyday, at the same time I avoid to eat seafood, milk, eggs and bean products.(1more weeks)
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
The stool routine analysis of your child is suggestive most probably of a gastrointestinal infection.
Rarely allergy to food stuff consumed by mother can cause diarrhoea.
But you have not mentioned whether a stool culture test was done and any bacteria was shown on stool culture test.
Hence I assume that it might not have been done .
So I would advise the following ,
1. Your child is growing adequately, not dehydrated and exclusively breastfed so you need not worry much even if she passes 6-10 stools per day .
2. However if the stool culture & antibiotic sensitivity test has not been done then I would advise you to try to collect her stool in a sterile container( even fresh stool passed in recent diaper will do) and get it tested as per your pediatricians referral.This will rule out any persistent or remnant infection which might need a new course of antibiotic like oral colistin or Cefixime .
3. Your doctor can prescribe you multivitamin and zinc supplements in addition to the medicines prescribed .Zinc is known to reduce stool output and frequency .
Probiotic like enterogermina ( once daily)can also be added for better result.
4. If the problem persist even after such measures and stool routine and culture test are not showing infection then you should consult a gastroenterologist for ruling out any metabolic or malabsorption problem as well as rule out an allergic etiology . This might need a thorough reevaluation including blood investigations .
Kindly discuss the above issues with your child's pediatrician .

Hope I have answered your query.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.
Follow-up: 50 days child on breast milk. Having diarrhoea. Stool analysis done. Looking for suggestion 18 hours later
Thank you very much Dr XXXXXXX Yadav! When I close this question I will give you review ASAP . I am new here, could you pls tell me ,is that right to flow the way when to give reviews, that I said? Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 24 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
It's my pleasure to answer your queries.
I am afraid I didn't understand what you need to know.
To write a review you can go to my Public profile and press on write a review .
If you have any problem , kindly report a problem to customer care and they will call you for guidance .
If you wished to know anything else kindly rephrase your query.
Kindly press the accept button if you have no further queries.