45 year old on insulin. Taking mixtard, acarbose 25 mg and metformin 500 mg. Any advise?

I am 45 year old and I have been put on insulin , i am taking mixtard 50 -- 26 units am and 14 units pm. I am also on acarbose 25 mg am and pm along with metformin 500 mg bd. my fasting is around 130 but my. Pp is around 260, I take mixtard 30 min before. Please advise
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 28 minutes later

Thanks for the query

You are receiving the right medications and your diabetes is under good control except the post prandial is little on the higher side. I would suggest you to take voglibose 0.2 in the afternoon, this drug specifically brings down the post prandial sugars. Please speak to your endocrinologist regarding this.
Also get your hba1c done once in three months, it will show you the average sugar values for the last three months.
Follow a strict diabetic diet

I hope I was of help