37 years old. Trying to get pregnant. Ultrasound on pelvis done. What are the complications?

Infertility Specialist
Hi, I just came back from having an ultrasound on pelvis, my doctor sent me as i have been trying to get pregnant for the last year, and as yet no luck. They couldnt find my left ovary. They also said i have little feelers coming out of the right one. I am only 37, and want children, and no im worried. Can you help?
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Since you are already 37 years old, it is considered as towards higher side as long as infertility is concerned.

Since you have got only ultrasound done, I suggest please get following tests also done on the days after menstrual cycle I have mentioned:

1) Day2 of cycle: FSH, LH

2) Any day during cycle: TSH, AMH

3) Any day during cycle ( fasting):Serum Prolactin

4) Day 5 to Day 10 of Cycle: HSG (Hysterosalpingogram)

5) Your husband's semen analysis.

6) Day 2 of cycle: Transvaginal ultrasound for antral follicle count ( no. & size of eggs)

After detailed check up of all these tests, I will be able to advice you whether you can conceive naturally or need some treatment or assistance to conceive.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.