32 weeks pregnant. Have been shivering on and of violently. What are the risks?

I am 32 weeks pregnant and for the last 10 minutes I have been violently shivering on and off which surely doesn't feel normal. I have an OB appt Monday but should I not wait and go to an ER now?
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

This should be surely cause of concern and needs immediate medical attention. Such symptoms can be due to sudden spike in your blood pressure, seizures, hypotension or chills due to infection etc.

I think you need to see or doctor or at least call them up. Get some family member or friend to be with you 24 hours till you see doctor.

Hope this answers your question. Please ask if there are doubts.