30 weeks pregnant, small belly. How to increase size of baby?

I am 30 weeks pregnant.My belly is very after pressing the belly told my baby is small.i was 42 kg before pregnancy anf now i am 51 kg only.Please let me know how can i increase my baby size
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 56 minutes later

You have gained 9 kg weight till now in your pregnancy which is adequate at 30 weeks of pregnancy. Regarding small size of baby, there are 2 possibilities-
1) Baby is constitutionally small
2) Baby is having intrauterine growth restriction.

To differentiate between the two, you need to undergo obstetric USG with doppler scan. Consult your doctor for that.

To every pregnant women for good health of baby, I advise a balanced diet which includes lots of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, pulses, milk and milk product. If non-veg include egg, meat and fish. Drink plenty of fluids and try to sleep more with left tilt because in that posture blood supply to the baby is more.

You can ask your doctor to investigate you to find out the cause of decrease growth like thyroid problem, diabetes etc.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Dr Meenakshi.