3 years child having bowel movement immediately after eating. Looking for remedy

my daughter is 3 years old and she is going to motion immediately after she takes any food ,fruits, milk what ever she is taking immediately she is going to motion is this a problem any remedy for this we r indians n take more rice but this problem is from last 15 days only .my email is YYYY@YYYY

Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 33 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

I have read your post with diligence - nothing to worry. This happens many times due to gastro-colic reflex. Here whenever anything is put into mouth it causes sensation of passing motion.

You can try diverting her mind to some other activities which can help stopping the stool many a times. If you do like this for some time she will forget / get accustomed to this reflex and her symptoms should reduce.

In the mean time you can give antispasmodic drops like cyclopam or colimax for the time being after discussing with her pediatrician.

Hope I answered your query. If you have more queries or clarification, please ask; I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health