3 year child took overdose of T-MINIC syrup. Started vomiting. Is there any side effects?

Hi sir my name is XXXXXX
we are having 3 years old boy .unfortunately he has taken overdose of T-MINIC syrup (Cold). It was nearly 25ml .After 10 min, he did vomit by forcefully.Is there any problem, we consulted our local Doctor, he told me that nothing to worry. please let me know , is there any side effects? any other problem
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 4 hours later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

I would advise you to closely observe your son for a period of 24 hours. If he is alert , active and playful, don't worry. However, if he is excessively drowsy,has seizures, fever, or vomiting persistently, please visit the doctor immediately.

Most likely , he will be fine as T-minic would have been expelled in the vomitus itself. Plus , you have already taken your son to a doctor, which would mean the child's vital signs would have been taken(heart rate, respiratory rate etc). So, feel reassured. Try to give plenty of fluids to drink.

Please keep all medicines out of reach from children. Prevent it from happening next time.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, please accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan