3 months postpartum. Feeling headache, dizziness and pressure in side of head. Any advice?

my wife is 3 months postpartum and just started having headaches on the side of her head. they come and go and intensify in pain. she has taken tylenol but it doesnt seem to work. she is breastfeeding. the headaches make her dizzy and want to lay down. they are scary and we dont know if we should go to the ER. she complains of pressure on the side of her head.
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
At this point, it would be important to get her evaluated as early as possible as headache for the first time after delivery needs to be investigated particularly as it is not responding to simple analgesics.
If you can get through to your GP early, that should be good. Else, please take her to the ER.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if you have any more questions.