26 years old. Is it possible to increase height?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi, my friend is 26 years old & his height is 5.4. He would like to increase his height, atleast 4 inches. Is there any possibilities?
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 46 minutes later

A person’s height depends on his genetic potential. This can roughly be determined by the height of his parents. It also depends on the nutrition and past health problems through childhood,bit only through childhood.

Boys tend to grow from mid-puberty and tend to have a four year period of growth. So if they start at 14, they will end up at 18. And in the most cases growth is over till 20, and there is no any possibility to increase height after this, unfortunately. The reason for this is that bones are fused and finished with growth, and then there is no biological or any other (medical, surgical of pharmacological) way to increase his bone length. So dont even try to take some alternative medicines and methods. This is lie.
Need to say that his height is normal,but below average. Studies confirm that this height is considered to be at 22% percentile. This means that at his age 78% boys are higher and 22% are lower than he is. This is not something to be concerned about.He is still higher then most girls are. Also he can exercise a lot and gain enough muscular weight, so it is the only way to change body constitution.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help