24 yrs old. Want to increase height. Suggest ways?

i m 24 yrs old. right now i am 5,2 inch. is there anything that i still increase my height. thanks
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

The main hormone that influences an increase in the height of individuals is growth hormone.

Increasing height after puberty is generally possible, but the results reported have not been so good as those obtained when the intervention occurs before puberty.
However, there two main drugs that can be used after puberty, which for sure could be used in your case since you are already 24 . Positive results are noted in some patients. As I said earlier, not as much as those obtained before puberty.

These drugs are mainly doses of Growth Hormone and another hormone called the Luteinizing Hormone. These hormones when used together generally give more spectacular and appreciable results.

I would strongly suggest you consult an endocrinologist. They shall be better placed to out you on treatment, monitor evolution and side effects if any, which are generally rare and modify the doses of the drugs.

Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you just the best. Feel very free asking any further specific questions in case you need some clarifications.

Kind regards,

Bain LE, MD.