21 years old. Is it safe to masturbate once or twice in a month? Will it cause any problem?

Question
I HAVE BEEN MASTURBATING FOR PAST 6 YRS WITH ONCE IN 3 DAYS . I know that this is normal . but I WANT TO REDUCE FREQUENCY IN MASTURBATION RATE . IS IT OK TO MASTURBATE WEN I AM SEXUALLY EXCITED ONCE or twice In A MONTH or once in two months or three months ? . My doubt is sudden decrease in frequency of masturbation cause any problem ? My age is 21 and i am so lean . and also i have nightfall problem which gets reduced somewhat in which i dropped sexual dreams totally from my mind

Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 12 minutes later

First of all there is nothing to worry about.

Masturbation is way of providing self excitement and pleasure. You can decide your frequency as per your choice.

There are no set rules for this. There are no exact numbers for maximum times.

Do not worry on that part. As long as you are comfortable with act and it is done in socially acceptable way you can do it.

Your lean body has nothing to do with frequency of masturbation.

Night fall as you know occurs when are sexually excited in your sleep. During day time when you are awake you may be forcefully avoiding thoughts about sexual pleasure, this voluntary control is lost during sleep and night fall occurs. Again this is also not harmful.

Just do not have guilt in your mind. If you think your brain is too much occupied with such thoughts then you need to find out ways to stop this.

I hope this clarifies your concern.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: 21 years old. Is it safe to masturbate once or twice in a month? Will it cause any problem? 1 hour later
Thank you doctor . Another doubt is
1) when my body is hot [due to climate in summer] and also at some times , few drops of urine comes naturally on sitting on a chair after i have passed urine . ?reason
2) what is the reason for prostatitis? does it relates to masturbation ?

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 9 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

1.If you are having this problem of drops of urine coming involuntarily you need to consult a doctor for this.This is not normal.You may have some infection,stress related etc. but needs doctor`s consultation for this.When you are excited a fluid pre cum is released,which comes prior to ejaculation,it is possible that you may be mistaking it for urine.
2.There are various reason for prostatitis.Masturbation can not lead to this.

I hope this helps.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: 21 years old. Is it safe to masturbate once or twice in a month? Will it cause any problem? 27 hours later
Thank you ,
1) is it ok to masturbate when the body is hot? If i masturbated when my body is hot [hot in the sense that my urine goes in yellow colour], then i feel that some guilty feeling in edge of the part where urine is released and also some little bit pain at sometimes? reason
2) what is the masturbation rate for adult like me whose age is 21 and looks lean ?
3) my body is always hot ? any solution to this

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 16 minutes later

Good to hear from you.

1.You can masturbate any hour of the day,this depends up on your comfort.Hot body does not matter.
2.As stated earlier there are no fixed numbers.It depends up on individuals preference.Age,body weight nothing matters.
3.Hot body is individuals tendency,some sweat a lot so there body remains cold.Some sweat less so there body remains hot.

I hope this clarifies your concern.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: 21 years old. Is it safe to masturbate once or twice in a month? Will it cause any problem? 15 days later
I HAVE BEEN MASTURBATING FOR PAST 6 YRS WITH ONCE IN 3 DAYS . I planned to stop this activity . becoz i feel depressed after doing this My marriage will be held after 5 yrs . Still that , i planned not to masturbate ? any problem in this ?
And my next question is after i have passed urine , and when i sit on the chair , 1-2 drops of urine comes out at sometimes ( not everytime) due to force exerted on sitting . usually i fear so many times in my life . any problem?
Now i am controlling my fear and becomes bold to face many situation.

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 14 hours later

First of all I am happy to learn that you are gathering courage to fight the fear and face the situation. You will definitely be able to do it. I know this for sure.

1. Not doing masturbation will not lead to any problem. As written earlier there is no problem even if you do it.
2. Occasional drop or two after urination is normal. There is nothing to worry about. Wait for some couple of seconds after you finish urination so that this does not happen.

Please do not worry, remove any form of fear or guilt from your mind. Concentrate on your career and enjoy life.

Do not impose any forceful restrictions on your pleasure.

Wishing you all the best for future.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: 21 years old. Is it safe to masturbate once or twice in a month? Will it cause any problem? 7 days later
Thank you doctor for ur answer for previous question .
1)when i masturbate on the time when my body is hot[hot in the sense that my urine goes in yellow colour] , i have some painful feeling on edge of part where urine is released
2) I have pain at the tip of my testis [i.e edge of part where urine is released] when i sneezed hardly on the day i masturbate only [pain caused only one time ] ?

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 13 minutes later

Good to see you again.

>It is absolutely normal.After doing masturbation mild burning on tip of penis is fine.

>In case you have pain on regular basis while passing urine,you need to go for urine examination to look for the cause like infection.

>I think there are lots of misconceptions are there in your mind for masturbation.Please remove them and do not worry.

Please focus on your career and enjoy life.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: 21 years old. Is it safe to masturbate once or twice in a month? Will it cause any problem? 32 hours later
Thank you doctor .
Actually i am satisfied with the answer given by you for the first question asked by me .
the second question i asked was XXXXXXX i have masturbated before 3 days . on that day , i felt a pain at the tip of the penis as i sneezed hardly [ only one time]

My dear as written earlier you are very apprehensive about masturbation and its related issues.

I did not mention your second point in the answer as I think that first part convers your answer.

Any way please do not worry.

Mild discomfort ,pain etc. is common after masturbation for some time.This is normal and happens to all.

I hope this helps.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: 21 years old. Is it safe to masturbate once or twice in a month? Will it cause any problem? 19 hours later
thank you doctor

i am so lean . and i want to maintain a healthy body . can u give me some tips to maintain a healthy body ?

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Welcome once again.

Tips for healthy body.

First of all please note that type of body depends lot on your genetic background.

In general please do following which should help:

>Take healthy diet. Take healthy breakfast consisting of fruits, vegetables.Take sprouted pulses in breakfast on at least 3 days in a week. If you are comfortable you can take eggs also.
>Take healthy lunch and dinner.
>Avoid junk food.
>Do regular exercise like walking etc.

I hope this helps.

Dr.pragnesh