21 year old with severe headaches, pain in the elbows, wrists and mouth. Can I take an expired panadol?

Dec 2012

Hello i'm 21 years old and suffering from painful headaches and i feel pain in several other parts of my body including my elbows and wrists and mouth. I would like to take a panadol to alleviate the pain however i have realized that my panadol has expired 2 years ago. Is it still safe for me to take said panadol or should i just brave it out?
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

It is totally not safe to take an expired panadol. Panadol is the commercial name for paracetamol or acetamenophen and it is a medication that can be gotten OTC without prescription (most country do have that OTC). There are other brands of OTC medications that can relieve your headache.
I also suggest that if your headache and pains in other areas (as you mentioned) continue it will be a wiser decision to see a doctor as soon possible.

Hope this helps
Dr. Bernard