17 year old taking Cymbalta, Buproprion, Naltrexone, Enalapril and Aller-Tec. Side effects?

if I send you a combination of pills taken by a 17 year old, can you give me an answer?
Cymbalta 30 mg,ability 10,Buproprion 200,Naltrexone 25, Enalapril 5, Aller-Tec 10 mg - all this for my 17 year old grandson???????? is is not too much
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Omer 23 minutes later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

As you have said your grand-son is taking coctail of medicine , which are Cymbalta(duloxetene) 30 mg,ability 10,Buproprion 200,Naltrexone 25, Enalapril 5mg, Aller-Tec(cetrizine) 10 mg.

I am really sorry to tell you that your grandson may be dealing with drug addiction and withdrawal, most probably due to Cocaine, Heroin.

I will explain the purpose of each medicine he is taking:

•     These drugs cause increase in blood pressure, so enalapril is justified.

•     Duloxextine is used to treat the depression due to withdrawal of these drugs.

•     Naltrexone is cocaine , heroin antagonist ( meaning prevents you from taking the same DRUGS) , so it is justified too.

•     Bupropion is used as a sleeping agent , because due to withdrawal of DRUGS , you cant sleep , so this is justified.

•     There is no use of Aller-tec, as it is anti-allergy.

Do not worry. These medicine will slowly be tapered off in 2-6 months , with regular drug addiction Doctor counselling. And your grandson will be happy and healthy again .

Teenage life is the toughest time on any individual, you can support him so that he continue his treatment and get well soon.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: 17 year old taking Cymbalta, Buproprion, Naltrexone, Enalapril and Aller-Tec. Side effects? 23 minutes later
My grandson has NEVER been on any drugs! His father is my son and would have shared that with me.
Answered by Dr. Omer 3 hours later
Hello again

Naltrexone is a drug used to treat opiod addiction.

His doctor has given this medicine in low dose of 25 mg to decrease the cravings for DRUGs or Alcohol or tobacco .

I just wanted to help you , and not blamming anyone , just telling you about the medicines he is taking.

Enalapril is a blood pressure lowering drug , a 17 years old will only require it if he has high blood pressure not due to medical reasons , but due to drugs like cocaine.

I am sorry once again , but I am here to explain the question you have asked in the most humble and sincere way.

Wishing your Grandson a healthy life ahead