15 year old, had bleeding during fingering. Not scheduled for periods and no hymen breaking, started birth control

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
Hello, i am a fifteen year old female. Last night my boyfriend was fingering me and he had noticed his fingers were covered with blood because the inside of my vagina was bleeding. My last period was 2 1/2 weeks ago and i started a birth control pill 1 1/2 weeks ago. Ive had sex 10+ times so it is most defenitely not my hymen breaking. My boyfriend also told me that he had felt a lump inside my vagina. I didnt notice any difference when he was touching it though. The blood looked almost watery and it was red and i bled for about half an hour after the incident. Today i have been expieriencing brown discharge. Just looking for a professionals opinion before i consider making an appointment for myself
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
BLUNT TRAUMA IS THE CAUSE OF BLEEDING.

Detailed Answer:

According to information, I can assume that mild watery bleeding is mostly due to blunt trauma inside vagina or around cervix during rough fingering. It will heal up automatically. No treatment is usually required.

Birth control pill itself and pelvic or vaginal infection are responsible for brown discharge. In my point of view, your cervix (round shape on touch) is mistaken as lump inside your vagina.

However, I would suggest to consult with gynecologist for pelvic examination with speculum to identify the underlying etiology.

In the mean time, you would maintain your genital hygiene, don't touch or wipe out your vaginal region, avoid contacts of chemical subs/ soap.

Hope, it helps for your information. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health. Practice safe sex always.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through
WWW.WWWW.WW