10 years old having eczema. Will it be cured in sun and salt water or will it be inflamed?

Hi. My daughter (10) has eczema. We were thinking of going on a Caribbean holiday. I have heard that the sun and salt water will help clear up the condition. Is this correct or will it inflame it - assuming we use the sea rather than swimming pool. I know that I will need to be especially careful to ensure proper sun lotion application and will need to continue with the normal cream on our return even if it looks as if it has cleared. My ex is trying to stop me taking her citing her eczema as a reason. She has a friendly GP who is the practice's skin specialist and will therefore probably tailor his comments to her viewpoint. What is he likely to put in his report that will help her argument and hinder mine and how do I answer them?
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

It is said that sea water is helpful in skin conditions including eczemas.

Sae salt is XXXXXXX in minerals, helps invigorate a sluggish circulation, hydrates skin tissues, as well as calming inflammation and reducing pain.

However It is not proven treatment for eczema.
Also casual exposure to sea water like yours will not worsen the eczema .

So in my opinion you can take her to holiday without much problem .Ensure proper moisturizer use and sun screening.

Hope this helps you.

Dr Sudarshan