Ask a Urologist   »  

10 weeks pregnant, UTI, nausea, acidity. Miscarriage possible ?

General Surgeon
My spouse is 10 weeks pregnant. She has continuous UTI (doctor, her vomiting sensations and acidity increased drastically. Could you please let me know could UTI (urinary tract infections) cause miscarriage? How UTI (urinary tract infections) could be cured/ prevented possibly without antibiotics? Is there any home made food available to prevent UTI (urinary tract infections)?

Thank you
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 37 minutes later

UTI and increased frequency of urination is quite common during pregnancy & especially during early pregnancy ,because of many reason ,one of them is pressure of gravid uterus leading to incomplete evacuation of urinary bladder & infection.

UTI and even asymptomatic bacteria in urine has tendency to harm pregnancy.So proper timely treatment is must. As a course of antibiotics or drugs increases her pregnancy induces nausea & vomiting. So first of all she should take plenty of liquids ,so more & more urine is produced leading to dilution of concentration of bacteria in the urine and taking pregnancy safe antibiotics in low doses with alteration of pH of urine .She should also take care of personal hygiene much more and evacuate urinary bladder at regular interval to avoid UTI

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.