10 months old. Got fever after having french fries. What should be given?

Question
Hi my son is ten months old he was very cranky today evening around eight when we gave him french fries from mc donalds as snacks then we gave he atqrax then after one hour we gave him meftalspas 2.5ml after consulting a do tor but now he is suffering with 100.3 fever how much crocin dosage is good for him??
Posted Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The child might have got some infection through food handling or may be intolerant to some fod content.
Fever of 100.3 is not really high enough to warrant crocin, but if the child is peevish and fever goes beyond this then you can give crocin(paracetamol) 10mg/kg, say the boy is 9kg then you should give 90mg as single dose and you can give 4 to 6 houly as required.
Ensure the hydration while he is febrile and not eating enough.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: 10 months old. Got fever after having french fries. What should be given? 1 hour later
But doctor he slept for two hours but now he is very restlessly crying we gave him 5ml crocin @2:45 am the fever came dwn arround 3:40am what to do.
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 28 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back to healthcare Magic!
The child is probably developed a gut infection.
Keep him hydrated well with salt and sugar added sips and liquid diets like soups and boiled rice and curds.
It would be worth while to visit a pediatrician and get an antibiotic like cefixime prescribed for 3-4 days.
You can use Paracetamol as required for fever and malaise in doses already mentioned.
Take Care!