1 month pregnant. Having burning sensation and pain in stomach. How to get cured?

Im 1 month pregnant and since 2 weeks Now My stomach has been in pain but forget the pain I have been having burning in my stomache and it last for hours this burning in my stomache What do I do to resolve this Is there some kind of medice I can take Please help me
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 41 minutes later

Acid reflux is one of the most common symptoms experienced during pregnancy. It occurs as a result of different mechanisms such as (1)one of the hormones released by the placenta relaxes the lower esophageal sphincter ( a type of valve at the end of the esopahgus that prevents food and acid from going back up).The relaxed sphincter allows acid to go up
(2) a hormone also slows down the passage of food in the stomach and intestine, slowing down the digestive process
(3)as your baby gets a bit bigger , he or she will also start taking up more space and will press a little on the other organs in the abdomen, also contributing to reflux and burning.

Treatment involves certain lifestyle changes, in addition , there is medication that can be used if the lifestyle changes are ineffective
Avoid carbonated drinks, fatty foods, fried foods, chocolate, citrus fruits and juices, spicy foods,tomatoes,vinegar

Eat small meals , avoid eating large meals
Avoid laying down too soon after eating- wait at least 2 hours
Prop yourself up in bed to keep the acid down
Chew gum after eating- it stimulates the salivary glands and may neutralise the acid

If you still have symtoms after doing this then you should speak to your doctor because there are medications available that are safe to use such as some antiacids (not all) such as tums and some of the H1 blockers such as pepcid ac.Check with your doctor before starting anything.

If you are experiencing other abdominal pain outside of the burning , you should consider visiting your doctor for a check so he or she could evaluate you and the baby.

I hope this helps, good luck with the pregnancy, feel free to ask any other questions