Would serotonin releasing drugs be helpful in managing migraine in a 12-year-old?

Severe migraine headaches in 12 yo girl, now a year into puberty/menarche. Reluctant to use the antidepressants that FP wants to start her on. What about the benedits of serotonin and drugs that release serotonin, like Imitrex? What are holistic nuritional sources of serotonin?
Fri, 11 Jan 2019

First of all, by derail history, the cause should be ruled out that is whether a headache from depression or from a migraine. In a migraine, a throbbing headache present along with nausea also.

For depression, serotonin releasing drug can be used. For a migraine, prophylaxis Topiramate, Propranolol, Valproate, Amitriptyline etcetera drugs can be used. Consult a psychiatrist for examination and counseling.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Parth Goswami