Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

177 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Why is my daughter having lazy eyes ? Will it go or she has to grow up with it ?

my nine year old daughter has a lazy eye. why is that and will it go away or will she grow out of it.
Fri, 30 Dec 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
lazy eye indicate some problem.
it may be normal if she has no other problem then eye
better to consult eye doctor.
teach her some eye movement to do active her eye muscle,
I find this answer helpful
Ophthalmologist Dr. P. K. Sehgal's  Response
a lazy eye indicates an imbalance between the muscles responsible for movement of the eyes.the causes could be need for glasses or a weakness in one or more muscles of the eyes....a lazy eye does not correct by will need treatment ...either spectacles if indicated or even surgery. the child should be examined by an ophthalmologist and treatment taken accordingly
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....