What will be the next step after getting a VDRL positive result ?

hi doctor ,im jo.my sister is not married.but we found her vdrl positive,she never had any sexual contacts.but we repeated the test in another lab and it was negative.what she will donext?is she need to take any treatment?pls answer,her age 22,ht-154,wt-38
Mon, 18 Apr 2011
Hi;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
If your sister did not have any sexual contacts then the chances of getting VDRL is as good as NIL .If it was tested positive in one laboratory & negative in other then it can be a error in typing of report also.For confirmation get a repeat test from some big and reputed lab or hospital;if that test is negative then she does not require treatment.
Thanks