What type of dementia is caused by celiac disease and malnourishment?

Yes my husband has dementia he is 70 yrs old was dianosed 2 yrs ago. he is in about stage 5to 6 he has celiac disease and was malnurished as a child .no alcohol was ever in his life . what type of dementiais caused by these factors .. thank you . YYYY@YYYY
Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Celiac disease causes malnutrition as the micronutrients are not absorbed like vitamins and minerals leads to dementia. Dementia is specifically due vit. B deficiency. As oral administration is not of any use,to correct the deficiency parenteral drug therapy is used.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.