Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

What treatment should I take for sleep disorders due to bug nightmares ?

I have these bug nightmares where I will dream about bugs (some of them dont even exist) and I will actually run in my sleep and then I am to afriad to go back to sleep. These dreams started when I was about 8 or 9 (I am 14 now) and they stopped for a while until last summer. I have these dreams about twice a week. Even when I am awake I dont even want to go outside because of the bugs. I am terrified of them. I have asked a nurse at my doctors office what to do and she said to see a psychiatrist . I havent done so because I sort of feel like I dont really need the help but at the same time I am concerned if something really is wrong with me. So should I go see a psychiatrist and is there anything that could help. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Your features are suggestive of anxiety, which could be generalized or specific (like phobia of bugs). A consultation with psychiatrist will definitely help you understand your problems. Once the problem is known, solution cannot be far away.
Answered: Thu, 7 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You probably are having sleep disorder which needs to get looked at by a Psychiatrist, which is the best option. Are you walking or running in your house when asleep. Does someone tell you that you move around in the house when asleep. This could indicate treatable sleep disorder. Not to worry. Consult a Psychiatrist, tell all about your fears and you will be helped to get rid of that fear and reduce your night terrors.
Answered: Thu, 7 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor