Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
175 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What is the treatment for chalazion and conjunctivitis?

I developed a chalazion on my right eye at the same time that I developed conjunctivitis on my left eye. It has been 1 week since the chalazion developed and it showing pus on the outer layer of the eyelid. I ve been using an eye wash and warm compresses. Idk what to do!
Mon, 20 Oct 2014
Report Abuse
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic.

I reviewed your history.
It seems from the history that you are having chalazion and conjunctivitis.
The treatment of this condition is by use of antibiotic eye drops.
Once conjunctivitis heals chalazion can be treated by either intralesional steroid injection or by incision and curettage.
Hence I advice you to consult your doctor for examination and treatment accordingly.

Thank you
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Ive had a chalazion for about 8 months now. Ive tried ointments given to me by my physician in conjunction with hot compress. Finally I went to see...