What is the difference between viral and bacterial fever?

How to recognise if the fever is viral or due to bacteria? My 8 month old daughter develops fever which is 99.5 and higher every morning from past 1 week.t O Day is the 8th day and she had fever which was 100 degrees.I give her 1 ml of maxtra p .Doctor has prescribed 5 ml zifi 50 but I have been avoiding antibiotic.should I give her the antibiotic or should I just wait for body ti fight infection and take it s course on its own?
Tue, 28 Aug 2018

Viral and bacterial fevers may have similar presentation at onset. If blood total leukocyte count is high with predominant neutrophils,a course of antibiotic is justified. Treating doctor remains the best judge.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.