What is the best therapy for pain in swollen knees?

This refers to my left knee. The symptoms are: It feels swollen (but does not look swollen) and feels like the skin is really tight around the knee. It was this way for about 3-4 wks and now it is actually hurting. I did not do anything to cause this pain. Any suggestions?
Mon, 27 Aug 2018

Your suffering from knee effusion may be due to osteoarthritis or infective arthritis or crystal induced arthritis etc.

Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. If it is serious effusion may need to draw the fluid and send for analysis for microscopy/culture, crystal examination, total count etc.

Use pain killer medication like Naprosyn or Ibuprofen or Indomethacin. If symptoms not improved please consult your orthopedician he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.