• question-icon

What causes swollen lumps on crease of elbow?

I was sealing my deck yesterday which also meant getting weeds out of the way. Last night I noticed a red line maybe a line of blood about 1 1/2 inches long in the crease of my elbow. Right now it is red, 2 swollen lumps on each side and as long as the line and about a quarter inch wide and a little painful. Maybe a bug bite? or a scratch from the wooden deck? or something from a plant? I live in Homer, Alaska
Mon, 15 Jun 2015
Hi,Dear,Good Morning.Thanks for the query to my HCM online- clinic .I studied your query in-depth.
-In my opinion the line with 2 lumps is mostly due to scratch from the Wooden deck. with the start and end lumps- due to high pressure trauma on the elbow crease.
b-The possibility of bedbug bite needs to be ruled with the ER doctor, but its chances are remote.
-Hope this would resolve your worry-some query.Wellcome again to HCM .Have a good day.