What causes severe abdominal cramps?

I have been having severe cramps in my abdominal area and feels like I need to pass gas but it won’t pass. It kinda feels like contractions but I am not pregnant. The pain comes and goes and when I sit on the toilet I can pass gas but not enough to ease the cramps. Also my rectal kinda hurts like I pushed to hard.
Tue, 5 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* The severe abdomen cramps indicate underlying intestine colic through various reasons, usually indigestion and intestine motility related problem with or without alterations in gut flora mechanics.
* I recommend to consume plenty of liquids, high fiber diet and get prescription of PPI as omeprazole, pro kinetic agents as itopride and bulk forming laxative as ispaghula husk for best results.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.