What causes pain in the jaw after falling?

Yesterday afternoon I took a serious fall and caught myself with my hands. Ever since then I have been getting severe tension / pain in my jaws. It's like they will just start tightening up and will hurt to talk. I am not sure if this is a result of my fall or something more serious. I did see my chiropracter today and he realigned my back and neck, but the pain still continues. The pain usually radiates along my lower jaw.
Wed, 6 Jun 2018
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

From your explanation it looks more like injury to the jaw joint during the fall and it has led to pain in tightness. As it happened after the fall therefore it doesn't look like anything else. So my suggestion is to consult an oral physician and get evaluated and a panoramic X-ray can be done for confirmation of the diagnosis. For now you can take muscle relaxants like Chlorzoxazone and also massage the sides of cheeks with your finger tips. Take soft meals and avoid excess mouth opening.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.