What causes high fever and pus cells in urine?

Hi, i am 28 years old male, having fever from past three days now. I took medicine for the same after cosulting a doctor. The fever is like it shoots upto 103.00 F and after -taking the medicines it comes down. The urine test is showing PUS Cells 6-8/HPF and Epithelial cells as 8-10/HPF. Is it a matter of concern?
Mon, 14 Sep 2015
Diabetologist 's  Response

Thanks for your question.

After going through your question, there is likely possibility of urinary tract infections in you.

You should do urine culture and sensitivity test.

(you have not mentioned what medicines are you taking currently).
If not taking any antibiotic start Norfloxacin for 5 to 7 days.

If there is no relief then appropriate antibiotic changes need to be done according to culture and sensitivity report of urine.

If you get repeated urinary infection then there may be need for evaluation for diabetes, any structural changes in urinary system or urinary stone.

Hope this helps you, if so do vote as helpful.