What causes fever, vomiting and neck pain along with high WBC count?

58 y/o white male, diabetic w/insulin pump running fever, vomiting, neck pain, skin rash. He had appendectomy aprox 6 months ago. ER sent him home with antibiotics, diagnosed with salmonellosis and dehydration. White count very high. I am not feeling confident with that diagnosis. Any opinions?
Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Usually the diagnosis of Salmonella is made by the examination of the feces.If it is positive than no more doubts.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.