What causes blood in urine while on keto diet?

I ve started the keto diet a little over a week ago to positive effect. My wife is a medical assistant and brought home a urine test kit for me to check my ketones. They are very high, and I am also observing the presence of blood in my urine (only visible on test). I m on a daily does of 20mg Prilosec and an evening does of 5mg Xyxal for allergies, 5 10 , around 215 lbs, 30 years old. The blood is worrying me a bit.
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* As per my clinical experience, the keto diet itself is responsible for blood in the urine.
* Low urine flow rate, hypercalciuria, low urine pH , calcium stones in the kidney are the most common issues associated with keto diet and giving blood in the urine.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.