What causes blister on hands?

I have hand foot and mouth, and I understand at 51 it is rather unusual. I have had it for over a week now, and I am still running fever and feeling dizzy and lethargic. Is it normal for this to last so long? I had multiple blister on hands and feet, but they are slowing subsiding. thanks
Mon, 4 May 2015
Hello and thank you for your question.
Yes it is not unusual for a viral illness like hand, foot and mouth to take several weeks to resolve. Make sure you are drinking at least 2 liters of water daily. It would also help to take a multivitamin and an extra vitamin C every day. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Dr. Robinson