Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Urinary tract infection, recurring condition, sexually active. Taking birth control. Treatment?

I had my first UTI about 3 weeks ago. And the symptoms are coming back. They started coming the third day of my period. Me and my boyfriend are sexually active but, there s no chance for std s because we were both abstinent previous to the relationship. I didnt take the last day of my UTI antibiotics , i use birth control(Tri-Sprentec), i use vagisil soap, i havent been drinking a lot of water recently, and my diet is messed up. So it could be a mix of a couple things. Will my doctor freak out if i go back so soon? I just want the antibiotics. Nothing more. Any help on how to avoid another UTI?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Urologist 's  Response
In sexually active females urinary infection is common. Sexual intercourse predisposes to infection in some females. Get your urine cultured and treat it with appropriate antibiotics. Confirm the complete response to antibiotic by doing urine examination.
You might be prone for recurrent infection. Always drink adequate water. Atleast 2-3 ltr daily. Empty your bladder before and after intercourse. Observe if your episodes of infection is preceded by intercourse. If that is the case then you might need a single dose antibiotic after intercourse. consult a urologist.
Answered: Sun, 20 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor