Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
124 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for teeth abscess

I recently went to see my dentist. He told me that a medication i am taking for my leg, has caused my teeth to start to erode. He said my bottom teeth are the worst and that i may end up with dentures. I am only 26 and i dont want dentures. Is there any way to reverse the damage.
Tue, 5 Aug 2014
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response
thanks for using Health Care Magic.

Read your query.

Since you have not mentioned what medicine you are taking and for what condition ,it is not appropriate to comment on your condition.
Once the teeth are eroded ,you cannot reverse them,though you can only have them filled and avoid further erosion.

I would advice you to follow the dentist advice ( if you want you can have a second opinion) and get the teeth treated with fillings or root canal treatment followed by crowns.

Hope this was useful.
Thanks and regards.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have an ongoing abscess and am getting my teeth removed for false teeth upper and bottom on June 28th 2017. Not just one but 2 abscess. One has...