Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
159 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest remedy for accidently swallowing isopropyl alcohol

I accidentally swallowed about a shot of 50% isopropyl alcohol. I cut my finger and I had some 50% isopropyl alcohol. So while I was sitting at my table I pored some on my finger. I used a glass that was on the table to catch the alcohol. I put the glass aside and continued eating. I had a bottle of ice tea and I forgot about the alcohol and I poured into the glass some of the ice tea and took a drink of some of what I poured into the glass. What do you recommend I do?
Mon, 26 Aug 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello,

Swallowing small doses of isopropyl alcohol usually is not problematic. Large doses can lead to alcohol poisoning. If you feel symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or vomiting you can go at the emergency room.

Hope my answer was helpful. If you have further queries feel free to contact me again.

Regards,
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on
 

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, I am 40 yrs old, having pain in throat while swallowing water, food even sputum. Don t have fever , no cough or cold. I don t take cold...