Should the ER be visited for severe swelling on the feet?

I am currently taking Amlodipine, not for high blood pressure but to help the blood flow better to my heart. I have never had high blood pressure but my plaque score was extremely high. My feet and ankles are extremely swollen, and I do have flushing and light headedness. Should I go to an urgent care for my swelling? or wait until Monday, it being Saturday now.
Tue, 28 Aug 2018

Swelling of the feet can happen for many reasons but what I think in your case is that it appears to be due to the side effect of Amlodipine, which can be stopped after consulting your doctor.

It's not an emergency, you can visit the doctor later on. However, if there is any unequal swelling of the feet, redness, pain while touching or walking, then, in my opinion, you should visit the ER as these signs require urgent review.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.